This use case is applicable to a corporate (office) building with local PV production and an electric vehicle fleet. On the premises of the building, there is a set of locally owned and controllable charging points. A number of electric vehicles (EVs) – belonging to the company’s fleet or not – are regularly charged in this charging infrastructure, with some variability in both time and duration (no fixed schedule).
The overall objective of this use case is to optimise the charging process of these vehicles, while ensuring the charging service for all vehicles, taking into account different criteria: Reducing the cost of charging, optimising energy consumption and increasing the “greenness” of the building (maximising the local use of REN).
The benefits for the company or organisation are to ensure a good quality of service:
- Delivering the required amount of energy to all-electric vehicles on time as requested, generating driver satisfaction
- Reducing the building’s peak demand
- Reduce energy bills & generate savings
- Increased use of local PV energy
- More green & sustainable image of the company
- Better RoI of the PV installation