Energis is a Greentech company with offices in Belgium (Brussels and Louvain-la-Neuve) and Italy (Caserta), whose Vision is to be the innovative technology partner of Energy & Comfort Experts in order to enable a rational use of energy and to build a sustainable future together.
We provide SMART Energy Management solutions allowing to centralise the management of energy consumptions and productions, to analyse energy-data presented in easy-readable formats and to take informed decisions. Energy & Comfort Experts will leverage our innovative solution to reduce energy consumptions and CO2 emissions, to stay in control of the energy production systems and to manage optimal comfort conditions.
Energis.Cloud is a platform built with the latest software technology Big Data, IoT and Artificial Intelligence. Raspicy is an edge device, used in situ to monitor and control technical equipment
Role and responsibilities
To support and accelerate our growth, Energis is looking for a senior full stack developer.
- Development of software components necessary for clients’ projects on Energis.Cloud to integrate new data sources like data-loggers, BMS, IoT devices and on Raspicy to integrate new devices like meters, sensors, etc.
- Customization of software module already existent in Energis.Cloud and Raspicy to align to customer’s needs.
- Definition of objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality; design and develop applications and services by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- At least 5 years professional experience implementing Java enterprise level solutions
- Extensive knowledge of the core Spring Framework and its main modules: MVC, remoting, data access (Hibernate, JPA)
- Firm understanding of web programming fundamentals like REST and HTTP
- Good experience with SQL/NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with source control systems, tagging and branching techniques
- Experience with continuous deployment and continuous integration pipelines
- Fluency in object-oriented design and common design patterns
- Ability to design and properly scope micro services
- Ability to work in a team where Agile methodologies are used
- Ability to analyze business/functional/non-functional requirements
- Ability to provide mentoring to junior staff
- Good written and oral knowledge of English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of IoT and machine learning technics
- Python programming
- Development of mobile applications (Android/IOS)
- Knowledge of Modbus, M-Bus, MQTT protocols
- Knowledge of messaging and streaming platforms (Kafka)
- Experience with containerized applications and their scaling/management
- Knowledge of cybersecurity international standards and best practices (e.g. ISO27k family)
- Willing to learn and ability in sharing own knowledge with others
- Other languages: Italian, French, Dutch
- Additional education or experience in the energy sector
What we offer
- Full time position with competitive salary
- Possibility to grow in a green-tech company
- Opportunity to contribute in building a more sustainable future